Top 5 Reasons to Move to Omaha Nebraska
With a population of 424,921, Omaha is Nebraska’s largest city. Along with a great arts and music scene, there’s a friendly atmosphere that leaves an impression on visitors. It has many activities for everyone to enjoy, not to mention, great weather. Here are some reasons why many people are moving to Omaha, NE:
- Music: Omaha has one of the most diverse music scenes in the country, so it’s no wonder is on many lists of top music cities in the United States. Any given night there’s a concert or an open mic night. It’s most popular music festival, The Maha Music Festival features outstanding local artists to nationally known musicians.
- Jobs: Omaha is home to five different Fortune 500 companies in which is the highest number of Fortune 500 companies of any city in the nation. Berkshire Hathaway, ConAgra Foods, Union Pacific, Peter Kiewit Sons’, and Mutual of Omaha are all headquartered in the city.
- Food: The food scene in Omaha eared it a spot on the Top 10 Foodies Cities in 2014 by Livability.com. Nebraska is a well-known agricultural state and is ranked No. 4 in the U.S. for agriculture receipts. This makes for some fantastic farmer’s markets where residents can find fresh, locally grown products. Omaha is also known for its beer scene – it has eight breweries that welcome guests for tastings. For those who want something sweet, Omaha has some great creameries such as Ted and Wally’s and the popular eCreamery which are both highly ranked by Yelp users.
- Safe and Friendly Atmosphere: Omaha is known for its friendly nature and hospitality. People often notice that strangers are very welcoming and kind to anyone in the city. The city has great public transportation and is easy to navigate. Safe neighborhoods make it a great place for families as well.
- Activities: There are many things to do in Omaha, there’s never a dull moment. Did you know Omaha has the best zoo in the U.S. by CNN and the best zoo in the world by TripAdvisor in 2014? Sports are also a big deal in Omaha and is home to the world’s second-largest rodeo.
Does living in this city in the “Heart of the Midwest” sound good to you? Omaha has a lot to offer and it’s a move that people don’t regret. Need help getting there? No problem – your Omaha moving service is here to help every step of the way during your transition. Give us a call today to find out what we can do to make your move as easy as possible.