I am not kidding when I tell you that the population is exploding in Colorado Springs. It’s true. While most of the United States is struggling with low or negative growth, Colorado Springs has seen massive growth over the last 15 years, and it shows no sign of stopping. So why are people moving to Colorado Springs?
High Quality Of Life
The first reason people are moving to Colorado Springs is because of the high quality of life. The crime rate in Colorado Springs is one of the lowest in the United States. But what makes this place breathtaking is its beautiful scenery, bountiful natural resources, and thriving business community.
What is the cost of living in Colorado Springs?
Well, that depends on how you want to live. You can get by easily with just under $2,200 per month for rent, but if you’re willing to live 15 minutes outside the city center, it’s possible to get a three-bedroom house for $1,600 per month. The prices vary
People love living in Colorado Springs because they get to live in a small city but still have access to all the amenities and opportunities of much larger metropolitan communities.
It’s A Great Place To Raise A Family
Another reason people are moving to Colorado Springs because it is a great place to raise a family. There are many excellent public schools and several private options that help Colorado Springs rank near the top in educational attainment.
In addition to the excellent public schools, several colleges and universities are located in this area, ideal for high school graduates seeking education but staying close to home.
The Job Market Is Excellent Here
Finally, one more reason why people are moving to Colorado Springs is that the job market here is excellent.
The economy has been growing steadily for decades, and this area has just about everything you could want in terms of employment opportunities, primarily if you work in the service or technology sectors.
Colorado Springs is also home to several Fortune 500 companies and other large businesses, which has helped the job market remain vital for decades.
So, if you are looking for a great place to live that has excellent amenities, beautiful scenery, and an excellent job market, then you should consider moving to Colorado Springs.
The Real Estate Prices in Colorado Springs
There are more affordable homes for sale and rent compared to the Denver metro area.
This is important to many people, especially those who cannot afford the higher cost of living in other areas such as Denver or Boulder. There are condos, townhouses, and much more that are much more affordable to residents.
This helps people who want to own a home and love the convenience of living in the city. In addition to the affordability, there are many different kinds of homes for sale in Colorado Springs.
Plenty of condos and townhouses make a great starter home or investment property if you don’t want a larger house. But, if you have a family and need more space, there are plenty of homes with 3+ bedrooms and 2+ bathrooms at a more affordable price.
So, if you are looking for a laid-back lifestyle in a place with a lower cost of living and still plenty of entertainment opportunities, then Colorado Springs is the place to be.
Useless Facts You Didn’t Need To Know About Colorado Springs.
For those considering moving to Colorado Springs, here are a few useless facts about the area that might come in handy.
- The city is named after the famous mountain range and national park.
- It’s one of America’s fastest-growing cities and is known for its strong job market and high quality of life.
- There are around 250 days of sunshine every year.
- It’s not unusual for this area to receive thousands of snowflakes every winter.
- There are more than 100 active neighborhood improvement associations in Colorado Springs.
- The city has around 490,000 residents, which makes this area the second largest in the state.
- Colorado Springs is located at the base of Cheyenne Mountain, which gives the surrounding area some excellent scenery.
- The downtown area features several large parks, several museums, and hundreds of shops, restaurants, theaters, and more.
- Colorado Springs is one of the most dog-friendly cities in America, thanks to the many outdoor attractions that you will find here.
- Colorado Springs’s economy has been growing steadily for decades thanks to its strong job market, including major employers like the United States Airforce Academy, United States Olympic Committee, and the United States Olympic Training Center.
- People in Colorado Springs enjoy great views of Pikes Peak and the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, which can be seen from several points throughout this city.
Garden of the Gods – One of the Great Wonders of Colorado
Whether you are considering moving to Colorado Springs or just visiting, then there is one sight that you must see – the Garden of the Gods. This national landmark is one of the most popular tourist attractions in all of Colorado, and for a good reason.
The stunning scenery here will take your breath away every time you visit this park. Not only will you enjoy majestic red rock formations, but you will also be surrounded by beautiful desert flora.
The Garden of the Gods is a great place to hike and explore all year long, regardless of the time in the year you are planning your trip. There are many hiking trails that you can enjoy, each with its unique sights and attractions.
Tourists worldwide visit this park, home to more than 2,000 different kinds of flowers and 400 unique species of plants. These are all surrounded by red rock formations that are around 150 million years old.
So if you’re thinking about moving to Colorado Springs, then you should consider doing so. This is a great city to live with just about everything you could want regarding amenities, education, and job opportunities.
You can rest assured that moving here will be one of the best decisions you ever make as this area has plenty to offer those looking for a high quality of life.
Also, if you need help with your long-distance moving arrangements, you should get in touch with Eden’s Moving Services today. We have the resources (movers and trucks) and expertise to provide you with top-notch services at very affordable rates.
You can reach us by calling (720) 370-3455 to receive a free quote or schedule an appointment for your out-of-state move.