Moving to the Bay Area
If your relocation plan involves moving into the Bay Area, prepare yourself for one of the best experiences of your life. This area houses several leading high technology companies and has produced many significant innovations in recent years.
Get ready to feel the mild weather, climates, exciting activities, and rich diversity of cultures that the Bay Area in California offers. The cost of living in this area may be considerably high, but there are cheaper housing options in many places outside the city.
Moving to this place gives you access to several outstanding universities. An interesting bit of trivia is that this region’s college graduate density is the second-highest country. The Bay Area also provides you with an excellent transport system that lets you get around the place quickly, making it a great place to relocate your business.
If you already have a Bay Area destination in mind, you might be looking for some moving companies to begin the process. Hiring movers is the key to a stress-free experience as long as you make sure you hire the best long-distance moving companies. We offer a high-quality mover service at Eden’s Moving that no other moving and storage companies can rival, so look no further and get in touch with us.
Bay Area Quick Facts
The City and County of San Francisco are among the most populated cities in the United States, with an estimated (in 2019) population of 881,549 in 2019. Meanwhile, the nine-county San Francisco Bay Area is the home of approximately 7.753 million people. The Bay Area region’s combined statistical area, which includes 14 counties, has 9.67 million people.
This region is one of the most linguistically diverse in the country. Besides English, other languages you may hear are Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Portuguese, Tagalog, Punjabi, Korean, Swahili, Navajo, and many more.
GDP per Capita
The San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward metropolitan statistical area GDP per Capita is $89,978 in 2009, chained U.S. dollars as of 2017.
U.S. dollar (US$, USD). As of April 2021, 1 EUR = 1.176 USD, 1 GBP = 1.383 USD, 1 CAD = 0.795 USD, and 1 AUD = 0.761 USD.
Bay Area Relocation Highlights
Here are some highlights that can give you an idea of what it takes to live in the San Francisco Bay Area. If you want a smooth relocation experience, you need some dependable movers. Hire Eden’s Moving to get exceptional moving and storage services that surpass all other interstate moving companies.
Several high-profile tech companies worldwide, such as eBay, Alphabet (Google’s parent company), Facebook, Hewlett-Packard, and more, have headquarters in Silicon Valley, which is in the Bay Area’s southern reaches.
The San Francisco Bay Area’s media market is one of the largest out of all the States. It has the sixth-largest television market, the fourth-largest radio market, and it’s the home of many high technology companies involved with social media.
The Bay Area (California) is one of the most expensive states to live in the country, and it has significantly costly residences. An average 740 square feet apartment’s rent is $2.9k, but you can find cheap studio apartments with a monthly rent between $800 and $1600.
Approximately 43% of the Bay Area’s occupants have a bachelor’s degree or higher, making it one of the most (if not the…) educated cities in the United States.
The Bay Area’s weather is generally mild, and its climate is favorable throughout the year as the region experiences more sun and only minor temperature fluctuations. Compared to other areas, the summer is more relaxed, and the winter is warmer.
It has a very well-developed public and private transportation system, but the roads can be busy even during downtime. Regardless, it has one of the best and most reliable transportation options in the country. If you are hiring our movers with truck vehicles to transport your things, our long-distance movers can ensure it arrives in the early afternoon to avoid traffic.
Cost of Living in the Bay Area
The following table compares the San Francisco Bay Area’s cost of living with other famous cities in the country. However, try to remember that the prices shown can vary depending on the area you are living in.
From the previous chart, you can see that the cost of living in the Bay Area is almost higher across the board. Everything is more expensive except monthly transportation costs, which are lower than in Los Angeles.
Nonetheless, many people still choose to move to the Bay Area for several reasons. It provides plenty of job opportunities, offers many amenities, gorgeous parks, enjoy outdoor activities, a highly diverse and exquisite food scene, and natural beauty you can’t find anywhere else.
If these things interest you, you can contact our interstate movers and get moving quotes shortly. We have intelligent movers that can efficiently pack up your things and get you going. Don’t look for things such as “movers near me,” “best moving companies near me,” or “professional movers near me” when you already have Eden’s Moving Services at your disposal.
Bay Area Pros
There are more than several reasons why people are interested in moving to the San Francisco Bay Area. Here are some of them:
- There are many employment opportunities in the Bay Area, especially for computer geeks. Apple, Alphabet, Twitter, Facebook, Netflix, eBay, Uber, Cisco Systems, Craigslist, Oracle, Tesla, Airbnb, Marvell Technology Group, and many more companies have headquarters.
- San Francisco is in the Bay Area, and it is a beautiful and magnificent city. It has many gorgeous sceneries, sunny coastal areas, lush green hills, historic landmarks, and many more things you can relish during your stay.
- It has many outdoor pursuits and activities you can do and enjoy, like running, hiking, bicycling, surfing, windsurfing, and others.
- San Francisco is a safe and friendly environment to raise a family, with top-quality education and many extra school activities that can encourage a children’s passion for the arts and sciences.
- It provides a pet-friendly environment. You can bring your pet (no crocodiles 🙂 ) as long as it’s healthy and you provide the required documentation.
- There are many world-class landmarks and attractions nearby, like the Yosemite National Park, Muir Woods National Monument, Carmel-by-the-Sea, Monterey, and the Wine Country. Of course, you can’t forget the iconic images of Alcatraz Island and the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Every Bay Area city has more parks in its vicinity than most other major cities in the United States. San Francisco, in particular, is the only major city where every resident lives within ten walking minutes of a park.
- There are many highly reliable and convenient transportation options, like BART, mini-metros, and VTA.
- Excellent mild and favorable weather.
Bay Area Cons
Here are some negative aspects of living in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- The cost of living in the Bay Area is considerably high.
- Traffic jams and busy roads aren’t rare, even during downtime hours.
Bay Area County
There are many suitable locations in the Bay Area you can move to, and here are some of them:
It may be one of the best cities to stay in, as long as you can afford it. This is probably the most beautiful cultural and progressive area in the Bay. It houses many big tech businesses and holds some of the most changing neighborhoods.
It’s among the most exciting cities in the Bay, and it’s the home of a significant art scene, a culinary hotbed, and many other forms of creativity.
This city is the largest in Northern California, both in area and population. It’s filled with techies from various places in the world as it hosts a booming high-tech industry. San Jose is a beautiful city to settle in as you can enjoy the many perks and delicacies it has to offer.
It has plenty of hills, elevation, and a cool watercourse. This city is comfortable to move in, and it has various parks, museums, and other enjoyable activities.
Are you wondering how much Moving to the Bay Area can cost you? Here is a list of several container shipping cost examples to the Bay from other major cities in the world. This list only shows part of the cost, as the total price depends on factors like the apartment’s size, the item’s weight, and total distance.
Contact Eden’s Moving to get a free moving estimate from one of the best cross-country moving companies in the area. We have many careful movers who are incredibly experienced and efficient in packing and moving.
Best Places in the Bay Area to Rent an Office
The San Francisco Bay Area is an exceptional place to establish a company because it’s a notorious place for its many employment and business opportunities. Hire Eden’s Moving and ensure that you get the best cross country movers for office moves, as there aren’t many cross country moving companies that can rival our services. Here are the best places to rent an office space in the Bay Area:
- Silicon Valley
- Union Square
- Marina District
- Financial District
- Mission Bay
Business Relocation to the Bay Area
You can find several significant industries in the San Francisco Bay Area specializing in diverse fields such as finances, services, law, education, technologies, and more.
For this reason, relocating a company to the Bay Area can be of interest to many business leaders and entrepreneurs. Remember the following facts as you ponder the decision to move your business.
- The Bay Area is home to many Fortune 500 companies. Some examples are Alphabet, Apple, Facebook, Intel, Hewlett Packard, Adobe, Netflix, Wells Fargo, Electronic Arts, Oracle, eBay, Levi Strauss, and more.
- East Bay is the home of many shipping, oil, other heavy industries, and the remarkable Silicon Valley.
- In the North Bay, both Sonoma and Napa counties are known for their wineries and grape vineyards.
A significant point of attraction of the Bay Area is the career opportunities that it offers. It’s the reason why many people still choose to move into this area despite the prohibitive cost of living. Regardless, you can hire Eden’s Moving to get affordable movers that do their job better than other out-of-state moving companies.
House Relocation to the Bay Area
Moving to the Bay Area has never been easier. Hire one of the best moving companies, Eden’s Moving Services, and relocate to this fantastic place in the country. Make the process safe and easy by hiring our moving and packing services. We have many professional, licensed, and experienced apartment movers, house movers, and furniture movers who can handle any job. Here are some small facts about our company:
- Our services include but aren’t limited to general moving and storage, piano moving, glassware moving, appliance moving, and chandelier transportation, and more. Contact us and figure out every service we offer.
- We have a team comprised of the best movers in San Jose and a whole fleet of trucks. If you’re looking for the best interstate moving companies, look no further.
- We offer local and long-distance moving along with storage and packing services. If you were looking for terms such as “long-distance movers near me,” “moving and storage companies near me,” “moving companies near me,” or “best movers near me,” you can stop worrying. Our company has the best cross country movers in the business.
Should I Move Myself or Hire Professional Movers?
It depends on how many things you’re moving and the distance you’re going. If you only need to move a few things over a few miles, then doing it yourself isn’t a bad idea.
However, you should hire some capable state-to-state movers if you’re heading far away. You can hire a long-distance moving company like Eden’s Moving to ensure you get cross-state movers that can handle all of your relocations to the Bay Area needs.
Eden’s Moving can also take care of delicate items such as a piano as its workers have experience handling them, so you don’t need to search for terms like “piano movers near me.”
When Should I Schedule My Move?
It would be best to book at least a month ahead of your moving date, especially if you’re hiring out-of-state movers for a long-distance relocation.
What Are the Best Days to Move?
It’s usually advisable to do it mid-month during a weekday, as there is less demand during that period. Many national moving companies may offer their services at a lower price during these times.
More information can be found on Califonia’s Household Movers Information